Friday, May 22, 2009

Back on the Wagon

As many of you know I am a Weight Watchers gal. I joined a couple years ago with my dear friend Amy. We were very successful, in our first week Amy dropped 5lbs and I dropped 9lbs. In about 6 months to a year Amy reached her goal weight and I had lost 60lbs. It was wonderful. I felt so good. I began running, which is something I never thought I would want to do, but it turned out to be fun (sometimes). 


After I got married and pregnant some of the "lost weight" found it's way back. It was really hard to go through the pregnancy gaining weight that I never wanted to see again. However I do not regret my little Adelaide. I'm so grateful for her. So now it's time to make it right again. I went back to Weight Watchers and unfroze my account. I'm happy to report that after my first week back I threw away (as my mom would say it) 4lbs. Wahoo! 

As part of my getting back in shape plan, Richard, Gavin, Amy and I will be running a 5K in June. We are all looking forward to it. However, there is one small set back on my end. My knees have been killing me for the past week. I really hope I can figure out the problem and fix it soon. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

nichole said...

sounds great! i know you can do it!

do you order their food or follow a point system?

good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

I had severe knee pain when I first started running, but got new shoes and help from a sports med guy and I'm a whole new woman. Shoot me an email and I'll connect you with this sportmed doc.