Monday, January 25, 2010

Crop Mania

Last Friday Richard had to attend a crop night as a creative exercise for work. I decided to get a babysitter (thanks Mom and Taylor) and make it a date night. We went to Archivers at the University Mall and  said "We're here for the Mania!" Basically you take pictures and supplies and you craft from 5pm to 11pm. They get dinner for you and have treats. It was great! We were there with some friends Alisha, Lindsay, and Nichole. These ladies know how to scrapbook. My pages flourished with their tips, ideas and product. I had so much fun! Can't wait to do it again.
Here are my pages from the night.

This was my first page. I like to think of it as a warm up. It's simple and easy. I used a mixture of AC and Pebbles product.

This was number two. I loved this paper and didn't want to cover it up because it was so pretty. So I used the Martha Stewart circle cutter and framed my picture with the flowers. I then took inspiration from the design and tired to recreate a flower with brown card stock and brads. I also used some glitter paint to add some sparkle. I had fun with this layout.

And last but not least, my favorite of the night. I really wanted to try the whole cluster thing out, but had never been achieve it. Thanks to Alisha she helped me out with some super cute product and a good tip "keep adding things until you can't add anything else and still make it look good." Well I think it looks good so success! I used AC, Basic Grey (which is a new love) and pebbles.

Again, Thanks for making it a great night Richard, Alisha, Lindsay, Nichole and Archievers! Adelaide's baby book is coming along beautifully!

1 comments:

Richard Murdock said...

My wife is so talented. Great job on these pages!