Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Married Life So Far

This is the post of late posts. I decided to compile basically the first month of our marriage minus Richard's birthday (see pervious post below). First, Richard and I were in desperate need of some bookshelves. My mom was nice enough to answer the call and gave us three. Only they were three different sizes and colors. No worries this was a great opportunity for our first decorating project. Here are some before, during and after pictures of our little bookshelf project.







We are enjoying the result and have decided that our couple color is yellow. If you are wondering what a couple color is... it's the only color Richard and I agree on usually.

Now for Mother's day. Even though I am not a mother, Richard woke up Sunday morning and made me breakfast.
Yummy! He is so cute. It was a wonderful day. After church we headed to my mom's to celebrate with her and my family.

Turns out Richard forgot some very important parts of his birthday... like his birthday breakfast... birthday cake.... and birthday present. To be perfectly fair I probably could have done a bit better for his first birthday as a married couple, but alas it is what it is.



Well friends there you are. Hope you have enjoyed this little view into the fun and exciting life of the recently established Murdock family. I think it's safe to say that we are having a pretty good time and enjoy getting to see what the other half is like.

Stay tuned in.

4 comments:

Richard Murdock said...

I would like to be the first to comment. Marriage has been more than wonderful. I couldn't have been blessed with a more wonderful wife and companion. I'm excited each day to wake up next to her. She's beautiful and makes me so happy. I want to thank her for making my birthday a very special one.

I love you Bre and am so glad you're mine and that I am yours.

chloe said...

Oh good. I mean first I'm glad that you guys are good, also glad to see you got the table.

The Woodlands said...

The whole couple color thing is interesting. I wonder what our couple color is. Hmmm... anyway, you guys are so newly-wedish, I hope you and Richard will be that way forever. Love the bookcases.

Unknown said...

I love what you did with those shelves! I would have never thought to make it one beautiful solid unit - it matches your stairway as well. Cool.