We are getting down to the last days.......
as far as this pregnancy goes.
Since I am new to the whole mother business
I need some helpful tips and advice.
What are must haves in the home?
What do I need to survive?
Any words for new dads?
Please leave a comment.
Thank you!
Adelaide will thank you too.
;)
7 comments:
First of all, remember that YOU are the parents! You make the decisions! Don't let anyone, including your doctor and mother-in-law, push you around!
I find that if I am stressed it stresses out the baby so if you need a break go ahead and take one! You cant take care of a baby if you can't take care of yourself!
I second that what your friend just told you! So true its not even funny!
As far as material things you need, you can never have enough diapers, blankets, burp rags and my favorite baby lotion! There is nothing better than the smell of a freshly bathed & lotioned baby!
But mostly just go with your instincts!! Its amazing how they just "kick in"! Daddy's too!
You two will be great parents!
You need to post some cute "belly" pictures as I am sure Richard has taken some cute ones!
Take care you guys! So exciting!
I would like to se more prego pictures too :) And I've found that I always run out of wipes. Pampers Swaddlers are really cool because they have the netting that helps to keep your baby's bum dry. Also I amen the comments already made. If a screaming baby is getting to you and all of her other needs are met (i.e. diaper, food, sleep), put her in her bed, close the door, and take a shower so you can't hear her. It's not mean- it's neccesity. ;)
Oh! And if you ever need a babysitter so you and Richard can go out...Call Me!
I'm still new to it all, but I told Richard this today – take a childbirth class. Kyle and I both very much enjoyed ours. It gave us lots of information about labor and some basics on the first few days with baby. Also, we can't live without the vibrating bouncy seat and sleep sack.
Oh man...well, there are so many things. But I would have to say, trust your mothers intuition. Your Pediatrition, friends, and mother in law dont know your baby like you will. And second, this too shall pass. Meaning, savor the sweetness that is newborns, but know that the hard times will pass. Amen, on the pampers swaddlers. Look into a Moby wrap, it will save your life. Swaddling blankets, the ones that velcro together. You guys are going to be great!!1
There are so many good pieces of advice to be given. First, when you go into labor remember that it is YOUR labor and YOU are the ones paying. If you don't like a nurse request a new one, the nurses make or break your positive labor experience. Second, there is nothing in the world that can prepare youfor the first 6 weeks-3 months of parenthood. A good rule of thumb is just to do what you need to to survive, I personally stayed in my pajamas all day every day the first 6 weeks and changed Aiden into a new pair of pj's every 24 hours. If the house work gets neglected don't worry about it. Put you, the baby, and your hubby first. Third, I really couldn't have lived without my many burp clothes, Aiden was constantly spitting up and I went through a lot of them. I also couldn't live without a vibrating bouncy chair. Fourth, hooded towels are the BEST. The only problem is that the "baby" ones become too small very fast and you need something bigger. Lastly, be forewarned that the first year goes by more quickly then you would ever imagine. Enjoy it while it last because soon you will have a walking, talking, toddler who gets into everything. ;) Bre you will be the BEST mom. Let me know when your baby shower is, I would love to come.
Post a Comment