Richard as many of you might know has a bit of a sweet tooth. In order to keep my dear husband satisfied I try and make some of his favorite recipes. One of them is a cookie recipe called Oatmeal Delights. I've added a few additions to this wonderful oatmeal cookie. You should try it sometime.

2 c. Quick cooking Oats
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Bre's additions
1/2 - 1 c. Chocolate chips
1/2 - 1 c. chopped nuts
1/2 - 1 c. raisins
*Richard's favorite shredded coconut on top. It get all toasted in the oven.
Basically with this recipe you can play around. I've tired dried cranberries, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips. I also used quaker oats instant oatmeal Apple Cinnamon packets instead of the regular oats. Adds a yummy apple flavor. Have fun and let me know what works best for you.
Preheat oven to 350
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed, occasionally scraping the bowl. Drop on sheet 3 in. apart. Bake at 350 for 11-15 minutes, depending on desired browning. Cool on racks. (for a slight variation you can put the oats into a blender and blend them up into an oat flour.)
Enjoy!
Enjoy!
1 comments:
Those were delicious cookies! Thanks for letting Richard bring us some.
Post a Comment