Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

After we got back from Washington we packed up the Fall decor and brought out Christmas. We've been decorating ever since, adding a little here and a little there. So far no casualties with the Christmas tree, but the month is young. Richard did a great job decorating the tree. I always think we are going to have to many on the tree, but he always makes it look beautiful. He took some pictures of the girls in front of it and as always they look pretty cute. Adelaide helped put the candy canes on. She loves decorating. Gwen loves pulling the bell ornaments off. She loves re-decorating.



 I made Richard buy a shelf for our stockings. We really needed some thing on the wall. He made the little village last year and this year made cotton ball snow chains. I loved the tree reflecting in the TV. If you look close you can spot Santa flying over the village.
 I know this picture is over processed, but I liked how it turned out. It's kind of vintage. Maybe that's just my opinion.
 Adelaide loves to climb up on the couch cushions and get the chocolate out of our little advent calendar. She looks at me and says in the sweetest little voice, "Chocolate chip?" for some reason we keep missing chocolates. She's pretty sneaky. Richard made our monogramed burlap pillow. It's so cute! I'm so grateful I married a talented, crafty guy.

 I'm a bad mother. I never took pictures of Gwen at 8 months. Hopefully she forgives me. I love this picture, she has learned to clap. She is such a happy girl.
 We made our gingerbread house with Granmama and Pompa Williams. Adelaide fell asleep and missed the whole thing, but Richard and I had fun with them. Plus the house turned out fabulous.
 Here are a few pictures of the outside of the house. Though you can't tell we have lights on the house. They line the edge all the way up to the roof. Let me just tell you that was a scary experience. Richard was crab walking on the roof while I stood on the porch roof holding the ladder. He just kept saying "Bre, I love you". Ha now we know why people leave their lights on their houses. I made our wreath and decorated the basket on the house.



Stayed tuned, we have a few more pictures coming. Hope your homes are all looking merry and bright.

1 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

Your house looks so great!