Monday, March 23, 2009

I can Knit!

The other day (actually a few weeks or more ago) I decided to try my hand at knitting. I went to the store and picked up one of those "I can't believe I'm knitting" books, a pair of needles, and some yarn. There was a cute baby sweater pattern in the book, which said "Easy". So I gave it a try. At first it was awkward and frustrating. Then it was stressful and tiresome. Slowly I figured out how to hold the needles and the yarn. Finally my project came together and now I have a little sweater!



I can't believe I actually learned how to knit. I thought I would always be a crocheting girl, but now I can do both. Yes, I'm giving myself a small pat on the back.

7 comments:

Becky said...

It's so cute! Good Job!

Alisha Gordon said...

So Cute! And yay not too long to go!!

Faith said...

Way to go! It's adorable. You are so talented!

Lindsey Hansen said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I am quite impressed. I tried knitting once upon a time.... and that's about it. You should be giving yourself a pat on the back! Good job!

Cassie and Kenny said...

Sweet! once you start it's like an addiction. chesk out this website: www.ravelry.com, i am on it. My profile is heartsknit

Josh and Anna said...

That turned out awesome Bre! She is going to look SO cute in that little sweater!

The Woodlands said...

Wow! I love it, it's so sweet! Good for you for trying something new, I've been meaning to learn how to knit for a long time but still haven't gotten the ambition to do it. Little Adelaide will look so cute in it.